No matter your profession or industry, it is important to establish relationships and collaborate: how does your way stack up to others, is there a better way, take a new look at the challenge or goal you wish to overcome.
SMART is a great way to look at goal setting; here are mine for Community Managers. These are examples, but you will get the idea of how to think (and plan) SMART.
- Develop a community MVP program
- Train and nurture community moderators
- Increase the quality, quantity, and timeliness of answers within the community
- Has the program(s) been implemented?
- Has the answer rate goal been achieved?
- Have membership or discussion goals been reached?
- Where are you now: answer rate, membership, etc. and how hard would it be to reach the goal? 10% gain? 80% gain?
- Does the CM have the background, attitude, and resources to meet these goals?
- Every question will be answered within 20 minutes – may not be realistic.
- Grow the answer rate from 30% to 40% – more realistic.
- How long will implementation take?
Plan, design, and launch a community MVP program within 9 months
I welcome your comments and conversation.