My recap of the 2/11 #TwitterSmarter chat hosted by @MadalynSklar. Join the conversation every Thursday at 1pm EST and learn how to optimize your Twitter game.
#Icebreaker Question: Which social media network do you get most of your business from? #Icebreaker Answer: On line communities with Twitter the close 2nd
Q1. What is Social Media success?
- Social Media success is defined my connecting and establishing relationships with your target audience
- You may also define it by establishing an ideas and solutions network
- Rather than the size of your networks or followers; how engaged are they? Think participation
Q2. How do you divide the time spent managing social?
- First I ensure I don’t have too many lines in the water
- I utilize Google Alerts, my Hootsuite dashboard, and my community to listen
- A Content Calendar to keep posting on track: what do do when
- At the end of the week, check analytics; without measurement and analytics, you are on a road without guard rails
Q3. What are the best platforms to focus on?
- There is no BEST platform: where is your audience?
- You need to pick the right tackle to catch the right fish
- Know your audience: don’t rock Facebook if your people are on Instagram
Q4. How do I save time on a day-to-day basis?
- No matter
@buffer or @Hootsuite, schedule those tweets
- LEARN your tools and how to use them – make the content / comments come to you
- Calendars are you friend! When to post and to keep you on track during the day
Q5. Which tools are absolutely essential?
- Outlook or Google Calendar,
@JiveSoftware @buffer @hootsuite @twitter @wordpressdotcom @msonenote
- Google Analytics
- Great community and tweetchat members
Q6. Is automation a good idea? What do I automate?
- The only automation I do is scheduling tweets
- I get automated alerts, but respond in time and in person
- I am not a fan of auto-response, IFTTT for example
Q7. What is the one thing I can do for maximum impact?
- Respond to comments – Be yourself – Know your audience – Fish where the fish are
- Share content for your audience rather than your brand; will they find it helpful
Q8. What type of content will travel faster?
- Content that adds value – solves a problem – relieves a pain point – makes someone laugh
See you at the next #twittersmarter