I often get asked: “What makes you tick and how do you motivate others?” These are my four principals; I would love to discuss them further with you.
Collaborate, Question, Understand
- Ask: Is this the best way and why?
- Remove silos & work towards a common goal
- Understand goals, expectations & what equals success
Manage people not spreadsheets
- Encourage and empower
- Ensure my message is understood
- Numbers are easy to manage, people are not
- Metrics are guardrails that ensure you are on track
Be a customer advocate
- Have a win-win outlook
- Do not hide behind bad policy
- Help them navigate your processes
- Be their partner and make life easier
Engagement over membership
- Rather than 100,000 members, achieve a 90% answer rate
- 75% of content / answers are customer driven
- Without engagement, you have a list, not a community
How do you manage, motivate, and keep your team on track? I welcome your comments and questions.