My recap of the 8/18 #HootChat hosted by @hootsuite & @iraa. Join the conversation every Thursday at 3pm EST.
Q1. What is content marketing?
- Content Marketing is customer centric – News they can use
- Content Marketing is not talking about your brand – it is tailoring information your customers value
- Content Marketing helps your customers educate themselves
Q2. What are some goals of content marketing?
- Goals of
#ContentMarketing: brand awareness, building trust, customer education #ContentMarketing goal: Customer engagement opportunity #ContentMarketing Goals – provide your customers with useful content THEY are willing to share
Q3. Why is content marketing hard for a small team?
- It takes time to find and create creative and educational content
- I utilize customer-generated – saves time and is trusted
- Sometimes a small team is more focused
Q4. What can a small team do to create engaging content?
- Utilize customer-generated or 3rd party content to supplement your own
Q5. What are audience personas and how should they affect your content creation?
- Before starting your content creation, better understand what your customers value or you will fail
- Is your audience the C-suite or the front lines? Best know as it changes the tone and length of your content
- Audience personas tell you what they value and want to read / learn about
Q6. What can teams do to extend the life of their current content?
- Update and refresh documents / videos / blogs as needed
- Utilizing a different Social Channel will help you repurpose content
Q7. Where do teams go wrong when creating content?
- They focus on their message rather than what is interesting to the customer
- Forcing customers to fill out a survey or form before they can view the content
- Using too many Social Channels and not using any of them correctly
- Not allowing or responding to comments or questions from customers
Looking forward to collaborating with you at the next #Hootchat!