My recap of the 1/18/2017 #Bufferchat hosted by @buffer & @theready. Join the conversation every Wednesday at 12pm EST.
Icebreaker: If you could pick any workplace perk, what would it be?
- Onsite dry cleaning would be an awesome workplace perk
- Tasty snacks & really awesome coffee
Q1: In these constantly changing times, what does it look like for a company to embrace a forward-thinking, emergent mindset?
- Judging and rewarding employees by meeting goals and not simply face-time.
- It’s not the hours you put in, but what you put in the hours
- Providing your employees with the best technology to help them be productive:
@msonenote @JiveSoftware @trello
Q2: How have the needs of organizations changed as technology has evolved?
- Customers EXPECT acknowledgement and answers quicker
- Employees to be always available
- Technology saavy employees who are willing to open to change
Q3: What are signs that a company needs to make a change in how it functions?
- When leadership says: “We’ve ALWAYS done it that way”
- If Employee turnover rockets
- If you still use a fax machine
Q4: What are ways for a company to begin to make positive shifts in how it operates?
- Talk to your front lines: they are in touch with your customers
- Executive participation with your company’s community
- Executives living their philosophies and not just preach them – your employees want to follow your lead
Q5: In your opinion, what’s the most important change an organization can make to help them thrive in the future?
- Tear down silos – make your organization as horizontal as possible – we all have the same company on our badge
- Connect with your employees – make them owners and show how they contribute to success
- Communicate and be transparent to your employees and customers
- If you take employee surveys: give feedback and actually implement some of their suggestions
Q6: How can organizations support modern career growth?
- Training and seminars
- Send employees to industry specific shows
- Encourage employees participate in tweetchats
Q7: What are your favorite resources about the future of work, organizational transformation, and/or emergent companies?
- Communities and Tweetchats
Bonus! How would you summarize today’s
#bufferchat discussion in one tweet?
- Listen, learn, change, adapt – There is always a better way; find it.