#IceBreaker: Besides Twitter, what other social network do you use the most and why?
Q1: How can Small Businesses benefit from their Twitter Presence?
- Easy way to social listen to their brand: customer service, new leads, network
- Twitter is a great way to expand your brand
- Twitter makes is easy to spread the word about your brand and drive traffic to you blog, website, online store, or community
- Twitter shows the world your brand listens AND responds to customers
Q2: How does Twitter fit into an overall social media marketing strategy for Small Businesses?
- Twitter is the broadcast tool for your blog, promotions, how-to & best practice docs
- Twitter is a powerful, scalable, and trackable customer service tool – some SMBs cannot afford a large CRM
- Twitter helps SMBs find and engage with customers
Q3: What are some pro-tips for getting started with Twitter effectively to maximize your efforts?
- The easiest way to get started is to get started 🙂 Get Tweeting
- Find and follow competitors
- Find and follow potential customers
- Find and follow industry thought leaders and relevant hashtags
- Join and participate in tweetchats
- Don’t forget to create twitter lists
- DO NOT AUTO DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q4: What are some best tips to use Twitter Analytics to Increase Audience Engagement?
- Learn all about utm codes – make the most of your url
- Measure and correct as needed
- Important Google Analytics metrics: Pages per Session and Ave Session Duration
- Google Analytics and utm codes will tell you the content your customers love
Q5: How can Small Businesses leverage Twitter as their customer service channel?
- Along with easy engagement, the transparency of Twitter builds trust with customers
- No phone queue or hold music on Twitter
- You can engage on Twitter then direct a customer to a private chat when needed
- Social listen and each out to unsatisfied customers – sadly, not everyone complains to you
- When 2 parties follow one another, Twitter allows full and private conversations
Q6: What are Twitter tools that can help you boost visibility and attract new customers?
- If you consider it a tool – tweetchats
- Pinning tweets to your profile is must
- Using a tool like
@hootsuite to schedule your tweets is a time saver
@paper_li to broadcast and network
- Twitter Lists and a Hootsuite dasboard
- Set up a branded url for your tweets
Q7: How can Twitter help Small Businesses to track conversations relevant to their services?
- Hashtags and lists
- Don’t forget the hootsuite dashboard
Q8: What type of content on Twitter drives best engagement and conversion?
- Ask questions
- I tweet out customer content from my community: how-to’s, best practices, product solutions
- Infographics are catchy and make the content easy to digest
I hope this information is helpful – see you next week at #twittersmarter