My recap of the 3/15/2017 #Bufferchat hosted by @buffer and @RivallQ. Join the conversation every Wednesday at 12pm EST.
Let’s kick off
#bufferchat with an icebreaker! If you’d like, share where you’re tweeting from… & where you wish you were tweeting from!
Q1: Why track and measure social media analytics?
- You cannot improve what you are not measuring
- Analytics help you report the success of your efforts up the management chain
- Analytics help you identify the content your customers love (and my not like so much)
Q2: If you could only pick one social media metric to capture, what would it be and why?
- The ideal metric will depend on the Social Tool you are using
- For Twitter: time on site – shows you directed them to content they like
- For my community: questions asked – As this number increases, it shows my community is trusted by my customers
- No matter a Social Media campaign or a Tweetchat – engagement is the Key
Q3: What tools work well for capturing analytics across your social media platforms?
- utm codes and Google Analytics are perfect together
- Could not measure without
@googleanalytics @hootsuite @JiveSoftware – No matter #socialmedia or #cmgr efforts
- I do not use them, but have hear good things about
@tableau and @SproutSocial
Q4: How often do you (or should you) analyze your social media data?
- Monthly, Quarterly, Annually
- It can depend on the campaign: email, social, blogging, etc
- Remember to compare year over year – how did you move the needle?
Q5: Have you ever made a big shift in your social media strategy because of analyzing data?
- Have not made a major shift – thankfully small tweaks have made the difference
- Always testing hashtags and content types
Q6: Where are the best resources for better understanding social media analytics?
- tweetchats (like this one)
- I would like to learn the best resources, but there are some easily sourced content via Google search
- I network with other Community Managers
@JiveSoftware @LithiumTech @TheCR – we trade best practices
Q7: If you could wave a magic wand and have any analytics feature you wanted, what would it be?
- I would wish for the one perfect tool: easy to use, digs deep into the network, creates solid dashboards
Thanks for reading – I look forward to you comments and hope to see you at the next #bufferchat.