#Icebreaker: What book, audiobook or podcast are you reading/listening to? #Icebreaker Answer: Pickles, Pigs & Whiskey – awesome cookbook
Q1: How would you define a person having “Influence” on Social Media?
- Follower count is a good indicator of influence as well as
- A blogger with lots of RTs / shares
- Influencers are able to drive traffic and influence opinions
Q2: What are some underused tips for a person to build and expand their influence across Social Media?
- Use a few different networks – be real – ask & answer questions
- Remember that communities are social networks – find one that captures your interest and dive in
Q3: What are valuable ways to build a rapport with influencers to help you expand your influence across Social Media?
- My mom always told me to say please and thank you – treat others with respect
- Reach out to thought leaders and ask for their help or advice
- See if you can provide THEM with answers
- Ask other if you can collaborate on a project or blog
Q4: Does a person need a strategy to build their influence on Social Media?
- You better have a plan
- Know how much time you have and how many networks you can manage
- True engagement takes (costs) time – how much do you have to “spend?”
- Before jumping into a network or community, do your research
Q5: How can content creation and curation help a person boost their visibility and become more influential on Social Media?
- Curation is how your content is packaged – if not attractive, it will not be consumed
- our content must match the interests if your community
Q6: Are there any specific platforms that can help a person build their influence strategically?
@Twitter @Instagram @JiveSoftware @LithiumTech @LinkedIn – remember tweetchats & communities too
- Where do thought leaders & influencers of your industry participate? Those are the networks to utilize
- No matter the platform(s) DO NOT spread yourself too thin
Q7: How can different Twitter tools help us to measure our influence with the audience we wish to converse with?
- For tweetchats – how many likes, RTs and convos are you getting
- Most communities are based on gamification or a point system to measure your participation & influence
- When was the last time you checked your
Q8: What are some common mistakes people make when it comes to building their influence on Social Media?
- Too many lines in the water – they belong to too many networks
- My Blog on this subject
- They are trolls
- They only ask questions, never supply answers or say thank you
- They DM sales pitches
Look forward to your comments or questions – see you at the next #twittersmarter chat.