My recap and answers I have provided for the 9/28/2017 #TwitterSmarter chat hosted by @MadalynSklar and guest @Ross_Quintana. Join the conversation every Thursday at 1pm EST.
Q1: What Makes Twitter Important as a Social Platform for Brands?
- Twitter makes it easy to find and connect with thought leaders & customers
- Twitter will aid with SEO and drive traffic to your site or community
@twitter lists & a @hootsuite dashboard makes is so easy to socially listen and engage
Q2: How has Content Curation Evolved on Twitter?
- You only have 140: be efficient, use graphics or video, & URLs with utm codes
@twitter lists makes it easy to send the right content to the right audience
Q3: Why does the Real-time Nature of Twitter Matter to Your Content Strategy?
- Real time is great when attending conferences and trade shows – helps create a buzz
- Twitter makes it easy to engage with customers when they reach out to you
Q4: What are Many Businesses Failing on Twitter and Why?
- Business fails on twitter: 1) Too much brand talk 2) Not engaging customers 3) Not relevant tweets
- Twitter fails: 1) Not measuring via utm codes 2) Tweeting too often 3) Arguing in public
- Not using pictures, graphics, or video in tweets
Q5: What Types of Content Should I Curate and What Format Works Best?
- Depends on your audience. For example, a B2B – best practices & how-to’s can work best
- If you are a restaurant: what are your daily specials? Include pictures
- Experiment and measure – keep what works, change what is not
Q6: What is Anchor Content and How Can I Use It?
- Anchor Content = a custom url with your brand name in it
- Anchor content is your brand’s tweeting backbone – what will help your customer / audience the most
Q7: How Much Self-promotion Should I Do and What are the Best Ways to Do It?
- Brands do need to promote & show thought leadership, but 70% should be customer-centric
- Write a blog with a customer who uses your product – about you, but with a trusted endorsement
- If you are providing trusted, customer valued content, THEY will promote it for you
Q8: How Can I Optimize My Content Curation Efforts and Be Data-Driven?
- Add utm codes to your url and let Google Analytics tell the story
If #Twitter is part of your business, and it better be, please join #twittersmarter to interact with fellow professionals and learn some great Twitter tips. I look forward to your questions and comments.