My recap of the 10/25/2017 #Bufferchat hosted by @buffer. Join the conversation every Wednesday at 12pm EST. No matter your profession, collaboration and communication are keys to your success.
Q1: How many people are on your particular team? Does your team have a name?
- As a Community Manager, I collaborate across all departments
- Team names: Community – Customer Advocate – Utility Infielder
Q2: Who do you work most closely with on your team? How do you work together?
- I Collaborate with Marketing, Social, Tech Support, Web – utilize community groups and WebEx
- I work the closest with my community members – we collaborate in public discussions and private groups within the community
Q3: Anyone have great tips for structuring meetings or brainstorms with your team? What works really well?
- Private Groups within a community makes it easy to meet, exchange ideas, and store the knowledge
- When time zones are great, WebEx to the rescue
@trello boards make it easy to track tasks and their stages of completion – You can also add due dates
- Another great collaboration and tracking tool is
@Smartsheet – everyone on the same page
- Last tool –
@msonenote – very easy to take and share meeting notes
Q4: What are some awesome tools that support team collaboration, and how?
Q5: What’s your advice for working through conflicts within a team?
- Set and confirm expectations
- NEVER make it personal
- If there seems to be miscommunication, pick up the phone or meet in person to confirm and align
Q6: What are some ideal ways for a team to get to know each other and build trust?
- Team trip to Vegas 🙂
- A weekly lunch with the team is a great team builder
- Go see a relevant speaker or influencer like Seth Godin
Thanks for reading – hope to see you at the next #bufferchat and look forward to your comments and questions.