My recap and answers I have provided for the 9/1542017 #TwitterSmarter chat hosted by @MadalynSklar and guest @WriteOnLinline. Join the conversation every Thursday at 1pm EST.
Q1: How important is setting time for content creation, blogging and networking on Social Media, including Twitter?
- A social calendar is priority one – too much is going on during the day to “wing it”
- Setting times for content creation and publishing must be build into your content / social media strategy
Q2: What are steps to consider when setting goals for your Twitter activities (content creation, promotion, engagement)?
- What % is Twitter in your overall plan? Is it the top, do you also manage a community?
- How are you using Twitter? Social listening, customer service, blog / community promotion
- How are you managing twitter – Hootsuite, Sprout, TweetDeck – How many on your team
- What is your triage plan for questions
Q3: What are your best tips for managing your time on Twitter and staying on top of your Social efforts?
- Build dashboards (
@Hootsuite) from your lists
- Set notifications
Q4: How can you build a Twitter Strategy that maximizes your efforts, your time and drives results?
- Ensure you are measuring your efforts to know what works, what needs to be improved. UTM codes – Google Analytics
Q5: What are some tools that can help you manage your time and be productive on Twitter?
- Content calendar,
@hootsuite dashboard, @hootsuite content library, google analytics
@trello board to keep your week organized
Q6: What are your favorite hacks to stay committed to keep consistent with execution and engagement on Twitter?
- Twitter lists of people by specialty.
- Social done well is about engagement and building trust, not something you “do.”
- Define success and measure your efforts
Q7: What are some simple techniques to balance real-time conversations and scheduling?
- I have never use auto tweets are replies – respond and make it personal
- Be authentic and share who you are
- Balance scheduled content with real-time interactions
- Balance personal content with 3rd party content
Q8: What’s your advice for anyone who’s starting out with Twitter & finds it challenging to be productive on a daily basis?
- Don’t try to read everything in your feed
- Ask a few questions and remember to thank people for their answers
- Join a tweetchat and network
- Lists and dashboards help you organize, consume, and respond
If Twitter is part of your business, and it better be, please join #twittersmarter to interact with fellow professionals and learn some great Twitter tips. I look forward to your questions and comments.