: Besides Twitter, what other social network do you use the most and why?
Q1: How can Small Businesses benefit from their Twitter Presence?
- Easy way to social listen to their brand: customer service, new leads, network
- Twitter is a great way to expand your brand
- Twitter makes is easy to spread the word about your brand and drive traffic to you blog, website, online store, or community
- Twitter shows the world your brand listens AND responds to customers
Q2: How does Twitter fit into an overall social media marketing strategy for Small Businesses?
- Twitter is the broadcast tool for your blog, promotions, how-to & best practice docs
- Twitter is a powerful, scalable, and trackable customer service tool – some SMBs cannot afford a large CRM
- Twitter helps SMBs find and engage with customers
Q3: What are some pro-tips for getting started with Twitter effectively to maximize your efforts?
- The easiest way to get started is to get started 🙂 Get Tweeting
- Find and follow competitors
- Find and follow potential customers
- Find and follow industry thought leaders and relevant hashtags
- Join and participate in tweetchats
- Don’t forget to create twitter lists
- DO NOT AUTO DM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q4: What are some best tips to use Twitter Analytics to Increase Audience Engagement?
- Learn all about utm codes – make the most of your url
- Measure and correct as needed
- Important Google Analytics metrics: Pages per Session and Ave Session Duration
- Google Analytics and utm codes will tell you the content your customers love
Q5: How can Small Businesses leverage Twitter as their customer service channel?
- Along with easy engagement, the transparency of Twitter builds trust with customers
- No phone queue or hold music on Twitter
- You can engage on Twitter then direct a customer to a private chat when needed
- Social listen and each out to unsatisfied customers – sadly, not everyone complains to you
- When 2 parties follow one another, Twitter allows full and private conversations
Q6: What are Twitter tools that can help you boost visibility and attract new customers?
- If you consider it a tool – tweetchats
- Pinning tweets to your profile is must
- Using a tool like to schedule your tweets is a time saver
- Use to broadcast and network
- Twitter Lists and a Hootsuite dasboard
- Set up a branded url for your tweets
Q7: How can Twitter help Small Businesses to track conversations relevant to their services?
- Hashtags and lists
- Don’t forget the hootsuite dashboard
Q8: What type of content on Twitter drives best engagement and conversion?
- Ask questions
- I tweet out customer content from my community: how-to’s, best practices, product solutions
- Infographics are catchy and make the content easy to digest
I hope this information is helpful – see you next week at #twittersmarter
My recap of the 2/11 #TwitterSmarter chat hosted by @MadalynSklar. Join the conversation every Thursday at 1pm EST and learn how to optimize your Twitter game.
Question: Which social media network do you get most of your business from?
Answer: On line communities with Twitter the close 2nd
Q1. What is Social Media success?
- Social Media success is defined my connecting and establishing relationships with your target audience
- You may also define it by establishing an ideas and solutions network
- Rather than the size of your networks or followers; how engaged are they? Think participation
Q2. How do you divide the time spent managing social?
- First I ensure I don’t have too many lines in the water
- I utilize Google Alerts, my Hootsuite dashboard, and my community to listen
- A Content Calendar to keep posting on track: what do do when
- At the end of the week, check analytics; without measurement and analytics, you are on a road without guard rails
Q3. What are the best platforms to focus on?
- There is no BEST platform: where is your audience?
- You need to pick the right tackle to catch the right fish
- Know your audience: don’t rock Facebook if your people are on Instagram
Q4. How do I save time on a day-to-day basis?
- No matter or , schedule those tweets
- LEARN your tools and how to use them – make the content / comments come to you
- Calendars are you friend! When to post and to keep you on track during the day
Q5. Which tools are absolutely essential?
- Outlook or Google Calendar,
- Google Analytics
- Great community and tweetchat members
Q6. Is automation a good idea? What do I automate?
- The only automation I do is scheduling tweets
- I get automated alerts, but respond in time and in person
- I am not a fan of auto-response, IFTTT for example
Q7. What is the one thing I can do for maximum impact?
- Respond to comments – Be yourself – Know your audience – Fish where the fish are
- Share content for your audience rather than your brand; will they find it helpful
Q8. What type of content will travel faster?
- Content that adds value – solves a problem – relieves a pain point – makes someone laugh
See you at the next #twittersmarter
This is my recap of the 2/4 #TwitterSmarter chat hosted by @MadalynSklar. Join the conversation every Thursday at 1pm EST and learn how to optimize your Twitter game.
Question: What are your fave apps that help you shine on Twitter?
Answer: – all equal twitter success
Q1. Is Twitter still a great platform to drive traffic? Why?
- Twitter not only provides targeted reach, but efforts can easily be tracked via Google Analytics
- By utilizing hashtags, Twitter helps new users find you
- Twitter is not only great for engaging – remember to socially listen too
Q2. How is driving traffic different today compared to a few years ago?
- With better listening tools and measurement analytics, it is easier to know who to target
- More tools available to tweet smarter
- With all the helpful tools, sadly there are more bots and spammers too 😦
Q3. Who are the best people you follow on Twitter? Why?
- The best people are those who share – & this one have the best
- Not to cop out, but I have too many to name – thank goodness for tweetchats and twitter lists
Q4: How can Twitter help you generate new ideas and drive more traffic?
- The more you participate, the more knowledge you find & contacts you make
- The more you socially listen, the better you can target content (hashtags)
- The more you engage, the more relationships you build & they will share your content
- Ask questions, give answers, say thank you, like and retweet other’s content
Q5: How can you tell if your Twitter efforts are working or not?
- Via Google Analytics: Sessions – New Users – Pages / Session – Ave. Session Duration
- For Twitter: Likes and Like-Ratio – Retweets – Replies – Lists
Q6. Do you have any secret methods to drive more traffic using Twitter?
- Be yourself – let your personality come through – share what your audience finds valuable
- Thank people for Following you, Retweeting you, adding you to their lists
- Retweet the content you find interesting
- In business, tweet things that help your customers rather than promote your brand
- Add pictures to your tweets
Q7. Should automation be used as part of your strategy to drive more traffic on Twitter?
- The only automation I use is pre-scheduling tweets, not a fan of auto-responses
- I am very careful with automation: I want to be efficient, but authentic as well
Q8 What do you think Twitter should do to get more users and remain competitive?
- DO NOT expand the 140
- Keep improving tools and analytics
Hope to see you at the next #TwitterSmarter – Look forward to chatting with you.