Q1: What are the benefits of using Twitter for your business or brand?
- Twitter allows you to engage with customers and industry thought leaders
- Twitter is a great customer service triage and communication tool
- Twitter allows you share valuable content with your customers (and they can easily share it too)
- Twitter Lists and a
@hootsuite dashboard make it easy to organize and respond to content – listen & engage
Q2: What are some under-used features of Twitter that can help boost your Twitter presence?
- If you are not Pinning, you’re not winning
- Keep checking the Analytics tab
- Not really a Twitter feature, but you best be tracking tweets with UTM codes
Q3: What types of content can help you get more traction on Twitter?
- No matter the format, ensure the content matches the interests / helps your followers
- There is no content type “silver bullet” – add value, help others, answer questions, ask questions, engage
Q4: How can content creation and curation help you build influence and reach with Twitter?
- If you provide value, others will not only Follow you, but help when you need it
- Valuable and honest engagement builds trust with your customers
- Some of the best content is often: “THANK YOU!”
Q5: What tools can help you maximize the effect of your Twitter activities?
- I use
@TweetChat to participate in tweetchats
- I use my
@hootsuite dashboard to follow my lists & schedule tweets
- I use UTM codes and
@googleanalytics to track results and learn
- Don’t forget the built-in
Q6: What tips can help you build a strong following on Twitter?
- Participate in tweetchats
- Don’t simply retweet, add your comments
- Don’t just tweet – engage
Q7: How can Twitter help a business or brand build authority with a specific audience?
- Twitter helps people and brands share knowledge
- Use listening tools to know what ppl are saying – find the right audience & engage
- Twitter makes it easy for customers to reach you: build advocates through outstanding service
Thank you for reading and hope to see you at the next #twittersmarter chat. I look forward to your questions and comments.