Q1: Why is it important to create a perfect Twitter profile that attracts followers?
- Your Twitter profile create a first impression and even trust
- Your Twitter profile gives others insight into who you are
- Your Twitter profile tells people your experience / talents and how you can help them
Q2: What are key features to highlight when creating a look and feel of your Twitter profile?
- Key features to highlight: clear picture, hashtags (not too many), links to your site or LinkedIn
- Key features to highlight: Personal interests and fun facts
- Key features to highlight: professional skills – here is what I know and how I can help you
- Key features to (not) highlight: Ninja, Rock Star, The book or speech you are selling
Q3: How can a pinned tweet help you drive more traffic to your content?
- Pinned tweets are great and eyes naturally go to the top of the feed
- Pinning is great, but ensure you rotate the content
Q4: What are your tips for including clickable elements in your Twitter bio?
- What are your tips for including clickable elements – hashtags, but not too many
- What are your tips for including clickable elements – a link to your website, blog, or LinkedIn
Q5: How can your Twitter bio help you grow your email list for your business?
- Link to a Google Form
Q6: What are your top tips for making the most of the 160 characters in your Twitter bio?
- Provide insight into who you are as a person, what you like, what you do professionally
- The last 4 hashtags in my bio are meant to create connections & get me found in searches
- Don’t waste valuable space selling – make connections & build trust first
- If for a corporate account, what does your company do and how can you help your target customer
- Utilize hashtags to get found in search
Q7: What are some of the biggest mistakes people or businesses make with their Twitter bio?
- Avoid the “Egg”
@dmboutin you were a great guest and thanks to the Tweet-Boss @MadalynSklar #twittersmarter. Thank you for reading and hope to see you at the next #twittersmarter chat. I look forward to your questions and comments.