#Icebreaker: If you could have anyone in the world mentor you, who would it be?
Q1: How can B2B companies benefit from incorporating social media in their marketing strategy?
- Social not only gives B2B reach, but allows companies to show how they are different from their competition
- It increases knowledge share and creates educated customers
- Social increases interaction, interaction builds trust, trust = relationships & SALES
Q2: How can social media help B2B companies with their global presence and outreach?
- Social provide reach that enables you to connect with potential customers
- Social allows you to easily tailor your message to your customer (no matter culture or platform)
Q3: How can you create memorable content on social media to help your brand visibility?
- Create content that help your customer use your product better – tips & tricks – best practices
- Create content that helps your customer before speaking about your brand
Q4: How can social media help you craft your unique brand messaging?
- Social allows you to listen to what your target (and existing) customers are talking about
- After listening to and learning from your customers, create content that fills that need
- Listen to what your customer’s pain points are
- Social allows your customers to complain to you (think community), rather than rant on a 3rd party platform
- Social gives your salespeople content to open discussions – rather than: “I’m calling to check in”
Q5: How can you measure the success of your social media marketing for B2B companies?
- Measure with utm codes within links and track via Google Analytics
- Measure traffic to your site or electronic storefront – Discussions within your community – Blog subscriptions
Q6: How can social media be a competitive advantage for B2B companies?
- Many use Social, few use it well
- Just as you need to prove your brand / product is different – you need to do the same with your Social efforts
- Don’t use Social because “everyone does,” find and utilize the platforms your customers are using
Thank you for reading – hope to see you at #TwitterSmarter soon and I look forward to your comments. When embarking on your Social campaign, ensure you have the right lines in the water to balance reach with engagement. This blog sums up this chat topic.